- Image via Wikipedia
I was horrified and disgusted at the fact my house had been overrun with fleas, but I found some helpful info, and this product.
So have you noticed your beloved pet scratching more than normal the last few days, and now you have an itch that seems to be spreading to all parts of your body? Has it come to your attention that you may have a flea infestation in your home?
Flea infestations arise in many homes. Pet owners are always worried about the pets being overrun with fleas, but many people don’t know that fleas are not just on pets. People can carry them too. So your flea infestation could have been started with one of the human family members in the house. Either way, what I came across will eliminate fleas no matter what the source is, but before we go into that let’s begin with a little information.
What are the signs of a flea infestation?
1. Itchy Pet
Your dog or cat itching more than usual is a good sign. However, your pet my just have irritated or dry skin.
2. Small Red Bumps
Pay attention to your ankles. Because one of the most common place for fleas is the carpet they get to your ankles first. So look for little red bumps there that will typically go away in a few days. If your children are on the floor they may have these bumps all over.
How do you get rid of fleas in your home?
Well, first you have to know that you must take a few hours to get this process done, because you have to rid the house, the yard, and the pets at the same time or the fleas will just come back again.
(1) Flea Free Pets
* Comb Out Pets – Get a flea comb and comb out all the fleas from their fur.
* Flea Powder ” Put flea powder all over pet’s fur. This kills fleas, flea eggs, and even larvae.
(2) Flea Free Home
* Take a antibacterial cleaner and clean the surfaces of your home. Make sure you get the counters, cabinets, tables, and floors. Fleas enjoy humid areas so clean the basement and garage floors too.
* Vacuum every inch of the house. Get out the attachment and clean the corners of the rooms. Fleas love to hide here.
* Now, sprinkle flea powder into the carpet.
* The final thing to do for the inside of your home is to wash all bedding and couch surfaces. Then take that flea powder and put it on to your bedding and couch.
(3) Flea Free Yard
* Get the flea powder and put it on your lawn.
* Do this at the end of every spring to prevent any fleas from multiplying.
Important Note: Don’t start any of this process before reading all the warnings and labels on the product you are using. Most products are toxic and can harm you, your pets, or your children. Most products are also harmful on gardens and toxic to people if spread on food gardens and consumed by you, or anyone else.